Shelly Marie Scraps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting to know YOU

+3
Karyn
camperchow
Brenian Designs
7 posters

Go down

Getting to know YOU Empty Getting to know YOU

Post  Brenian Designs Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:24 am

This thread is all about getting to know each other. Post us a hello and an introduction so we can get to know YOU!
Brenian Designs
Brenian Designs
Admin

http://breniandesigns.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Getting to know YOU Empty Hi from Sunny AZ

Post  Brenian Designs Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:52 am

Guess I will start us off...My name is Bren and I am almost 39 years young. I am happily married to my best friend, a good looking Scottish Man...lol named Ian. We have an adorable, yet sometimes mischievious 17 month old son named Matthew. They are the loves of my life and you will get to know them, especially my son, through my layouts. I am sure he will be thrilled when he grows up to know that his cute wittle face is spread all over digi land!!! lol I currently work for Wal-Mart at the money center. I have worked for wal-mart for seven years as everything from a cashier to customer service manager(twice) to department manager to service desk...yes I have done it all!! lol I have been creating in paint shop for over ten years and got started doing digi scrapbooking when I was pregnant with my son. We live in sunny HOT Arizona! I look forward to meeting you all.
Brenian Designs
Brenian Designs
Admin

http://breniandesigns.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Getting to know YOU Empty Re: Getting to know YOU

Post  camperchow Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:51 pm

Hi. My name is Diane. I live in MA in the summer and FL in the winter. I have been digi scrapping since my DH, Ken and I moved into our motorhome full time 8 years ago. I was a paper scrapper for many years and that just didn't work in a confined space (I love the fact that I can just close the top on my laptop and cleanup is done...lol). Plus my husband has a big thing about too much wieght in the motorhome. My job is really a hard one...not. I collect sea shells all winter and make shell art to sell at craft shows all summer. I live 2 miles from one of the best shelling beaches in the world, Sanibel, FL. It's a hard job but someone has to do it...lol. I will be married to my honey for 35 years in July. We have one son, Nick who is 30 and has been married for 6 years to Heather. We have 1 Grand-dog who is a tiny toy poodle named Porsha. We love her dearly but would love to have a grandchild!!! I have been CTing for Michelle for over a year. I love her vintage style. I don't think she has done a kit yet that I don't like. I especially love her Grandmother and Life Story series.
Can't wait to get to know you better.

camperchow

Back to top Go down

Post  Karyn Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:19 pm

Hi I'm known at the Studio as sassyscrap and I was introduced to digital scrapbooking by my niece about 3 years ago. I have 3 beautiful sons aged Jason 34, Gavin 26, Brendan 22, (Jason has not been with us for the last 14 years but you will still see layouts that include him) and a delightful step daughter Kristy coming up to 30. I live on the Parramatta River in Sydney, Australia with my husband of two years Chris and our two feline friends Angel and Coco. I work for the Australian Red Cross Blood Service but after a work place injury that needed spinal surgery last year, I'm only just returning to work and to scrapbooking with a vengeance Wink

I'm a quotaholic and a readaholic and when you combine them with scrapbooking, it doesnt leave time for much else really Smile

look forward to getting to know you all and being inspired by your layouts

Karyn (Sassy)

Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post  lemonade8590 Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:33 pm

Hey All,

Nice to meet everyone. My name is Pam, aka lemonade8590. I live in Oklahoma with the flame of my life...we have been married 28.5 years and we have 2 grown children. Our son, Alan, has been married to his sweetheart for 5.5 years and they have my 2nd grandson, Wyatt, who is 2.5 years old. They are currently stationed in Ft. Leonard Wood, MO as Alan is a US Marine. Kayla is our beautiful daughter and she has 2 boys and one on the way...we seem to have boys running out our ears...LOL...EJ is the oldest grandson at 4 years and Adriel is grandson #3 and just a couple months younger than Wyatt. Grandson #4, Ryker, is due in a month or so and I am so excited to meet him.

I do a lot of singing, mostly Gospel music, and I love scrapping. I started scrapping when our son left for Boot Camp in San Diego, CA in 2004. That was of the paper kind. I happened upon digital scrapping a couple of years ago and fell in love! My husband and I also enjoy getting out on our Honda motorcycle. It's a great stress buster, much like scrapping only not quite as safe...LOL

I am so excited to be part of this team and look forward to getting to know everyone better!
lemonade8590
lemonade8590

http://www.lemmonadezscrapz.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Getting to know YOU Empty My turn...

Post  wornoutmumoftwo Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:27 am

My name is Michelle and I live in Glasgow, Scotland, though I am originally from London. I'm 40, (though I keep telling my boys i'm 21 and they don't believe me!).

Anyway, I live with my husband Eddy, and my two boys Michael 8 and Angus 7. They both have additional needs, one aspergers, one global development delay. They mean everything to me, so who better to scrap?

I've been scrapping on and off for about three years now, I've CT'd for a couple of designers before and love the thrill of a new kit coming out and the rush to make layouts and advertise.

I don't work, but study with the Open University. I'm working towards a degree in Childhood and Youth and my ultimate plan is to work in school's with children who have Autism, but have four years of study to do yet.

I'm really looking forward to getting to know everyone.

wornoutmumoftwo

Back to top Go down

Post  caribbean_mom Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:06 pm

Hello! I am Beth, but I am known on the scrapbooking boards/forums/galleries as CaribbeanMom. No, I do not live in the Caribbean (rather the cold confines of Iowa Laughing ), but hope to some day...and it is my favorite place to visit to get away, relax and revitalize myself. I have been digi-scrapping since 2007 and fell in love with it since it didn't require me making a mess. lol.

I am married to the love of my life and we will be celebrating our 11 year anniversary in March. I have two step children, that I call my own as we have raised them since they were little. Our son is in his first year of college and darling daughter is a sophomore in high school. I work at a Funeral Home in the graphics department and all day long I get to work in Photoshop and create great personalized mementos for the families we serve (I LOVE my job!). In my free-time I also have a hobby in photography and have had the great opportunity to take senior photos for many of our local up-and-coming high school seniors. In my other free-time I digi-scrap and absolutely LOVE it. It is my creative outlet and my husband is so supportive as he knows it is my way of being me.

I guess that about covers it...if you want to know anything else, feel free to ask me! Great to be aboard with you all!

Beth
(aka CaribbeanMom)
caribbean_mom
caribbean_mom

Back to top Go down

Getting to know YOU Empty Me:)

Post  mmarie Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:03 am

I just realized I hadn't exactly introduced myself;) My name is Michelle Marie, and my family called me Shelly growing up, thus the name Shelly Marie Scraps. Although most people now call me Michelle, my mom still calls me Shelly occasionally, and the younger nieces and nephews call me Aunt Shelly.

My husband grew up in Utah, and we met and live here in Utah, although I am originally from Idaho. I actually did accounting before "retiring" when our first child was born. I am a SAHM of 3 beautiful, BUSY little children. I married at age 34 to a guy my same age, and we got pregnant on our honeymoon (not planned) so 9 months later with the birth of our daughter, we became a family of 3 after both being single for so long. (By Utah standards, we were quite old to get married.) haha

We had another girl 2 years later (planned so Jessica wouldn't be an only child) then decided we were probably done since we were 38 and the last 2 had been high risk pregnancies. But even though on birth control, we became pregnant again(not planned), and we had our little boy at age 39 years old. We are now 41 with a 6yo, 4yo, and 2yo. We love Disneyland, summertime at the park, and just being with each other.

I began digital scrapbooking around the time my youngest was born after having surgery and having to "rest" with nothing to do but play on my computer. I fell in love with it because of the no mess and nothing for my little toddlers to get their hands on. I could start or stop anytime. I was hooked. I was soon asked to be a CT of one, then two designers. Then became a CT at Designs in Digital. I participated in a designer contest just for the fun of it and learned enough to start designing. I later became a designer at both Designs in Digital and the Studio. And although I am a slow designer at times because of my very busy days (and some all nighters) with my kids, I get faster all the time and really love designing!

I am excited and happy to have you all as part of my team! I hope you enjoy it, too:)
mmarie
mmarie

Back to top Go down

Post  lemonade8590 Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:54 am

So happy to meet you, Michelle (aka Shelly...lol)!!! What a busy, busy household you have! I admire gals like you and my daughter who are able to be so great in sometimes quite chaotic surroundings. Although she started out with her little family at a much younger age, I am so proud that she has prevailed over much adversity and believe she has finally found the true love of her life. They are expecting their first child in a month or so and he is hoping to be able to adopt her middle son in the near future. Anyway (sorry, sometimes you have to reign me in because I start babbling...LOL), I am so happy to "meet" everyone and be a part of this team!!
lemonade8590
lemonade8590

http://www.lemmonadezscrapz.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum